Saturday

Apologies

I can sit here and apologize, for liking you the way I do. Going against your wishes. You don't want me to get hurt. You know loving you will hurt me. I'm sorry I can no longer control my emotions. I'm sorry I can't comply to your rules. I've put too much into you to just take it all back. That may not be what you meant last night, but that's how I understood it. You don't want me to have any type of feelings towards you. I'm sorry. I can't help it.

People say I'm a fool for allowing my heart to fall for your traps. They say I'm pretti dumb to think that you could feel the way you say you feel towards me. Apologies go out to them to, for not listening to them either. Plenty of times my mind thought to give in to their words. But my heart was still in your hands. I can't try to persuade my heart if I don't have it.

I don't want you to give my heart back. If you put it back, it won't be the same. I'm sorry.

As the tears stroll down my cheeks, I wonder why I still love you? Why I still care? I don't know the reasons for any of this anymore. My mind has given up trying to find reasons as to why my heart feels the way it does. I'm sorry. I just do. I don't think there's a reasonable reason anymore. I just like you. I'm sorry. I just love you. I'm sorry.

People say that the way I feel, the way I get when I'm around you---I'm in love. But I refuse to think, believe, and admit that I'm in love with someone who does not feel the same way towards me. I've done that too many times before and an unhappie ending it was. That's not what I want this time around. I'm sorry.

I love you for who you are, the simple things you do. I'm sorry. I cannot help it. It's something I no longer have control over. Don't tell me to not feel the way I do.....

I'm sorry, but I just can't do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment